22 Aug 2012

More beach combing and a 'barnacle encrusted periwinkle'.


10


This is a slightly picture heavy post, so apologies in advance!  As I mentioned on Sunday, I was lucky enough to have my mother and her partner visit for the weekend and, despite the ever ominous rainclouds, we braved camping by the sea!  It was cold and wet, breakfast had to be cooked in the boot of the car for shelter and my dear mother completely forgot to pick up practical footwear, but it was still phenomenal.  And I realise now how genetic my need to collect all sea based paraphernalia is, between us we gathered a hundred beautiful shells and discovered worms and sea fleas, crabs and clams and a 'barnacle encrusted periwinkle' that caused much excitement.


11


3


Also - how grumpy is that little crabs face?!  He was not impressed to be pulled out of the sand even for a moment.

12

Pretty barnacle encrusted....

7


5

2 copy


15


9


14

No comments:

Post a Comment