22 Aug 2013

Overcoming SSS (second sock syndrome).

IMG_9847

I had bad second sock syndrome (SSS) with this pair.  I knitted the first one about five months ago and was half way through the second sock (a feat in itself - I have a tendency to give myself a sock-break which becomes a sock-gap-year and ultimately results in one lonely sock) when I lost one of my double pointed needles.  I kept meaning to order a replacement needle but something always distracted me at the crucial, button clicking needle ordering moment.  

IMG_9846

Then serendipity struck, James found the needle on the floor of the car.  My second sock could make it into the world.  I sat down to begin but, being a bit of an amateur knitter, I couldn't remember where I had got to on the pattern.  What ensued was a sulk of epic proportions, lasting about a month with the half-finished second sock sat sadly on the shelf (just look at that alliteration).

IMG_9860Yesterday however I put my sulk aside and spent time with my book, my second sock and google.  We made it!  They are so super snuggly it made it all worthwhile - now just to wait for autumnal, thick sock wearing weather.

IMG_9866

If you are interested these socks were knitted on DPNs using the basic sock pattern from this book here.


3 comments:

  1. Bankhoes A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.

    ReplyDelete