20 Jun 2012

In the secret garden.

IMG_3648

My mother has a near magical ability with plants.

I finally got to visit home for the first time since exams and I felt a bit blown away.  When my family moved home a couple summers ago, both the garden and the house were in a horrendous state.  Whilst the house was rat infested and rotten, the garden had been used by the previous tenants as a junk yard.  What with the scrap metal, broken glass and huge burnt patches nothing but 6 foot nettles seemed to grow!
Now it is filled with Poppies, Foxgloves, Aliums and a crazy amount of bees!  There is even a small patch of lawn.  Of course you can't mention how wonderful it looks without hearing about how much is still left to do...Well, it certainly puts the paltry efforts on my windowsill to shame.  

(Apologies - this is a little picture heavy.  Really you should be pleased I managed to narrow it down from the 200+ pictures I took.  It was tough.)


IMG_3614

IMG_3652

IMG_3653

IMG_3735

IMG_3739

IMG_3672

IMG_3634


IMG_3641

1 comment:

  1. Excellent photo's!! Definitely no need for apologies.

    ReplyDelete