4 Jun 2012

My housebound jungle.

IMG_2590 

Whilst I do love our little attic flat with its random sloped ceilings and oddly shaped rooms, the lack of garden at this time of year can sometimes feel a little sad.  I went to have coffee with a friend yesterday who was complaining about the bindweed plague she is suffering from and I couldn't help but feel just a little jealous.  To have the luxury of a bindweed epidemic! 
That said, my windowsill is becoming ever more magical.  This morning James bought me a small pot of lavender from the farmer's market, which when potted up properly will be joining the evergrowing jungle. Impressively my sweetpeas now have a total of 5 papery flowers ranging from pale pink to a dusky purple and my geranium's little spindles have just burst into teeny tiny white flowers whilst the succulent continues to just sit there ignoring us all.  It is only a matter of time until I have my own personal secret garden.


IMG_2587 IMG_2579 IMG_2582

No comments:

Post a Comment